Freshservice Azure DevOps Integration
Azure DevOps integration app is a simple integration between Freshservice and Azure DevOps. Support agents using this app can create, link, notify Azure DevOps work items. You can collaborate your support team and developers in one place.
Freshservice - Azure DevOps app allows the support agents to create Azure DevOps work items from Freshservice ticket form. Freshservice - Azure DevOps app also allows support agents to link existing Freshservice tickets to an existing Azure DevOps work items. In addition, Freshservice - Azure DevOps app allows support agents to help notify the Azure DevOps team, by sending comments from Freshservice support.
We also support customization based on customer request and tailored to your needs! We bring Azure DevOps closer to your business requirements!
The Freshservice - Azure DevOps app provides couple of options like Create Work Item, Link Work Item, Notify, Work Item Log & Configure App.
-Create Work Item:
The Create Work Item: lets the user to create new work item # in Azure DevOps from Freshservice ticket directly, support agent can select type of work item he/she want to create like Bug, Epic, Feature, Task, User Story etc. Based on the work item type selection he will see all the Azure DevOps fields. The User can make the selection and click on Create button which would create work item in Azure DevOps and then display the corresponding Azure DevOps work item # in the app.
-Link Work Item:
Using this button in Freshservice-DevOps app support agent can link an existing Azure DevOps Workitem # to current Freshservice ticket. Freshservice - Azure DevOps app allows the user to create or link multiple work items to one Freshservice ticket.
Notify button in Freshservice - Azure DevOps app allows the support agent to notify all the linked Azure DevOps work items to current Freshservice ticket these will show up as comments in Azure DevOps.
-Work Item Log:
In the Freshservice - Azure DevOps app Work Item log modal shows you couple of details of work item history including the comments history to current Freshservice ticket.
In the Freshservice-Azure DevOps configure app modal will allow you to map certain fields from Freshservice to Azure DevOps and Azure DevOps to Freshservice.
- Generate the Freshservice token by referring to following link. https://support.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/215517-how-to-find-your-api-key.
- Generate the Azure DevOps (VSTS) token by referring to following link
Azure DevOps (VSTS) Token Creation (Step 2 – Configure the App)
- Click on install button in the Freshservice apps.
- Enter the Freshservice Domain (Your Freshservice subdomain) e.g. if your Freshservice url is https://abc.freshservice.com, here abc is your Freshservice subdomain.
- Enter the Freshservice api key as generate in the first step.
- Enter your VSTS account name and the token as generated in the second step.
- Click on validate to validate the app.
- After the app validated successfully click on Install button to install the app.
- Go to any of your Freshservice ticket to use the app.